My Olympia Tour “Filoxenia”
1. Tour to ancient Olympia archaeological site and Olympia museum
The archaeological site restrains you with his sacredness. The Olympic Games take place here from the ancient years. The magic the stadium emits is mysterious and unique. The Olympic games which is the most important sport event in our days was born in Ancient Olympia and first took place in this stadium in 776 B.C and it is one of the most impressive archaeological sites in earth.
Close to the archaeological site is the museum of Ancient Olympia! It is about 5 minutes away on foot. Here you can see the findings from excavations in archaeological site which is dated from prehistoric ages till the first Christian ages. From the whole collection of exhibits the most important and a must see is the collection of sculptures as well as the collection of the bronze findings which is one of the richest in the world. It is a priority for any traveler to spend some time in one of the most important museums in Greece such as the museum of Ancient Olympia. It’s collection of exhibits includes the sculpture decoration of the temple of Zeus which is one of the 7 miracles of ancient world. You can also see the sculpture Nice of Peonies, and the famous sculpture of Hermes made from Praxiteles.
2. Visit to the village
You can make a walk in village of Olympia or Katakolo. Here you can find many souvenir and jewelry shops to take anything you want. Coffee shops and restaurants to enjoy a coffee or a meal. Or you can just walk in the tourist road of the town which has visitors from all over the world.
3. Winery Olympic Land- The honey farm of Klio- Magna Grecia estate- Monastery of Virgin Mary Kremastis ( Choose between the following destinations)
a. Winery Olympic Land
Olympic land winery is just 2km from the town of Olympia and it is covered with vineyards. These vineyards produce high quality wine. The traveler has the opportunity to visit the winery which has been opperating since 2000. You can drink different wine varieties and taste local foods.
b. The honey farm of Klio
In the town of Olympia you can find the farm of Klio. When you arrive here Klio will welcome you. Klio is the apiarist and she will show you the secrets behind honey production. You will taste the fresh and pure products of her farm and you will eat traditional sweets made by Klio and her mother. Leaving the farm you will have taken a taste of the Greek hospitality in a friendly and familiar place!
c. Magna Grecia estate
In a land full of olive trees the visitor can enjoy the traditional taste of Greek traditional foods. You can taste the great olive oil , olives , wine , and of course traditional foods. Finally you can have fun with traditional Greek music and dance with local dancers.
d. Monastery of Virgin Mary (Panagia Kremastis)
It stands imposing and impresses visitors with its size as it is hanging from the rock. Its name according to the writings was given 800 years ago when the local residents were watching a light in a hole in the rock. To find out what it was, they hung someone with a rope and they found the icon of Virgin Mary suspended in the hole. Furthermore the abbey itself looks like it is hanging from the rock.
4. Traditional meal
You can taste Greek traditional dishes in a non tourist restaurant. The food there is cooked like the food in our homes, that’s why local residents prefer that restaurant.
5. Beach ( Choose one of the following destination)
a. Kourouta beach
Kourouta is an vast beach which is famous for its crystal clear water. Parts of the beach are organized and have umbrellas for the sun , deck chairs , locker rooms and showers. In the coast you will find wooden passages for easy entrance to the beach and lifeguard for your safety. You can choose between coffee shops , taverns or restaurants to relax after your swimming.
b. St.Andreas beach
St.Andreas beach is 2km away from Katakolo and it is one of the most beautiful beaches for your summer holidays. It combines mountains and sea in a unique way, while its crystal clear water is perfect for swimming. Moreover you can enjoy your drink or your meal in one of the coastal coffee shops.
c. Skafidia beach
You definitely have to swim at least one time in the waters of skafidia beach. It looks like a small gulf which seduces you with its beauty. In the coastal restaurant you can relax drink something or taste a beautiful Greek meal.
The trip duration is about 6.5 – 7 hours. We can suggest some routes and attractions that they can take advantage of your time the best way. If you want to change something, our program is flexible so you can adjust it the way you like!
If you choose a tour with MINIVAN our meeting point will be in the first exit of the port. If you choose a tour with one of our TAXIS the meeting point will outside the dock gate where the taxis are parked.
What is included in the price
- Your transportation in all the destinations and sights that are mentioned during the tour
- Our company lends you tourist brochures which inform you on the sights you will visit in Ancient Olympia. Tourist brochures should be returned.
- We can transfer you from the meeting point we have agreed on and take you back to place you wish.
- The tourist program is flexible and adjustable. We can make changes on the road according to what is convenient to you!
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Professional driver.
- Skip the line.
- Bottled water.
- All taxes.
What is not included in the price
- Tickets for Ancient Olympia museum
- The ticket costs 12 euros and you have access to the museum the archaeological site and the museum of the history of the Olympic games
- Free entrance for children under 18 years old!
- For E.U students the entrance is free. For non E.U students there is a fifty persent discount on the ticket. (Students status must me present)
- For E.U citizens over 65 years old there is a fifty persent discount on the ticket (6 euros)
- The tickets for wineries are depending on the services .Because the prices can change unexpectedly we will inform you via email for the ticket price before your visit.
- If you want you can ask for a personal tour guide to be with you in your visit in the museum and the archaeological site! Our tour guides are professional and certified by the Ministry of Culture. Additional fees charge the client.
- 1. Tour to ancient Olympia archaeological site and museum.
- 2. Visit to the village.
- 3. Winery Olympic Land- The honey farm of Klio- Magna Grecia estate- Monastery Panagia Kremastis.
- 4. Traditional meal.
- 5. Beach.