My Olympia Tour “Filoxenia”
1. Tour to Ancient Olympia Archaeological Site and Olympia Museum
The divine Ancient Olympia Archaeological Site is where the Olympic Games started thousands of years ago!
Visitors automatically sense the mysterious and unique magical feel of the historic stadium. The Olympic Games, born in Ancient Olympia, was the most famous sporting event of the times (and still is). They made their debut in this very location, in this stadium, in 776 B.C!
Even today, Ancient Olympia is one of the most extraordinary archaeological sites in the world!
The Museum of Ancient Olympia is just a 5-minute walk from the archaeological site.
Olympia Museum Exhibits
The remarkable Olympia Museum is home to some of the most incredible findings from excavations that date back to prehistoric times!
The museum boasts an exciting collection of exhibits, with numerous must-see sculptures. Its impressive bronze findings make it one of the most precious collections in the world!
The Museum of Ancient Olympia exhibits includes:
- the world-famous sculpture of Hermes, made by Praxiteles
- the sculpture decoration of the Temple of Zeus – one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world
- the statue Nike of Paionios
No one should ever travel to Greece and NOT visit this incredibly important museum. A visit to the Olympia Museum must be on your bucket list of things to do in Greece.
2. Visit the Village of Olympia
Walk among tourists from all over the world on the main strip in the village of Olympia where you’ll find all kinds of souvenirs to take back home.
Stop by the various jewelry shops and treat yourself to artistic, one-of-a-kind show-stopping pieces.
Take a break and enjoy a coffee or beverage of your choice in one of the many trendy cafes. Or, allow yourself more time to taste the delicacies of Greece in Olympia restaurants.
3. Choose from the Following Destinations
Olympic Land Winery
The Olympic Land Winery vineyards, which produce high-quality wine, is only 2 km from the town of Olympia! Consider a visit to the winery to try the exquisite wine varieties and sample the traditional flavors of the area.
Klio’s Honey Farm
Klio’s Honey Farm is located in the town of Olympia. Klio, the apiarist (beekeeper), welcomes visitors to her farm where she enthusiastically reveals the secrets behind honey production.
Taste Klio’s pure and fresh products – all from her farm, and enjoy her traditional homemade sweets. After visiting the honey farm, you’ll have tasted Greek hospitality in a friendly and familiar place!
Magna Grecia Estate
Visit Magna Grecia Estate, the enchanted land in Olympia that overflows with olive trees. Visitors have the opportunity to enjoy the taste Greek cuisine, pure virgin olive oil, plump olives, and tasty wine, in a fun environment where local dancers will dance to traditional Greek music with you.
Monastery of the Virgin Mary (Panagia Kremasti)
Suspended from the rock from which it rises, the stunning Monastery of Panagia Kremasti (Kremasti meaning “hanging”) never fails to impress visitors.
It was named so about 800 years ago, according to the writings, when the locals noticed a light emerging from the hole of the rock. To find its source, they tied and lowered someone into the hole, where an icon of the Virgin Mary was found.
4. Traditional Meal
Taste traditional Greek dishes in a non-tourist restaurant where they cook food the way we cook in our homes. That’s why the locals prefer this restaurant.
5. Beaches – Choose one from the Following
The vast Kourouta Beach is famous for its crystal clear waters. Parts of the beach are organized with parasols, lounge chairs, locker rooms, showers, and a lifeguards for safety. Boardwalks along the coast provide easy access to the beach. For refreshments and dining, choose between the many cafes, restaurants, or tavernas to unwind after swimming.
Saint Andreas Beach
Saint Andreas Beach is 2 km from Katakolon Port is one of the most beautiful beaches for your summer holidays. The unique beach, with its pristine waters ideal for swimming, also features a mountainous terrain. Have a refreshing drink or enjoy a delicious meal in one of the waterfront cafes and restaurants.
Take a swim in the crystal clear waters of Skafidia Beach. Allow yourself to be seduced by the natural beauty of the small gulf as you soak up the sun, and leave some extra time to have a drink or dine by the water.
The tour duration is between 6.5 – 7 hours. Our program is flexible if you would like to make some changes. Just let us know, and we will adjust it to your liking! We can also suggest routes and attractions so that you get the most out of your tour.
MINIVAN Tours – The meeting point for the Minivan Tours is at the first exit of the port.
TAXI Tours – The meeting point for Taxi Tours is just outside the dock gate where the taxis are parked.
What is included in the price
- Your transportation in all the destinations and sights that are mentioned during the tour
- Our company lends you tourist brochures which inform you on the sights you will visit in Ancient Olympia. Tourist brochures should be returned.
- We can transfer you from the meeting point we have agreed on and take you back to place you wish.
- The tourist program is flexible and adjustable. We can make changes on the road according to what is convenient to you!
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Professional driver.
- Skip the line.
- Bottled water.
- All taxes.
What is not included in the price
- Tickets for Ancient Olympia museum
- The ticket costs 12 euros and you have access to the museum the archaeological site and the museum of the history of the Olympic games
- Free entrance for children under 18 years old!
- For E.U students the entrance is free. For non E.U students there is a fifty persent discount on the ticket. (Students status must me present)
- For E.U citizens over 65 years old there is a fifty persent discount on the ticket (6 euros)
- The tickets for wineries are depending on the services .Because the prices can change unexpectedly we will inform you via email for the ticket price before your visit.
- If you want you can ask for a personal tour guide to be with you in your visit in the museum and the archaeological site! Our tour guides are professional and certified by the Ministry of Culture. Additional fees charge the client.
- 1. Tour to ancient Olympia archaeological site and museum.
- 2. Visit to the village.
- 3. Winery Olympic Land- The honey farm of Klio- Magna Grecia estate- Monastery Panagia Kremastis.
- 4. Traditional meal.
- 5. Beach.