My Olympia Tour “ History”
1. Tour to Ancient Olympia Archaeological Site and Olympia Museum
The iconic Ancient Olympia Archaeological Site is where the Olympic Games started thousands of years ago!
Visitors can sense magical feel of this historic stadium. The Olympic Games, born in Ancient Olympia, were the most famous sporting events of the times (and still are!). They made their debut in this very location, in this very stadium, in 776 B.C.
Even today, Ancient Olympia is one of the most extraordinary archaeological sites in the world!
The Museum of Ancient Olympia is just a 5-minute walk from the archaeological site.
Olympia Museum Exhibits
The remarkable Olympia Museum is home to some of the most incredible findings from excavations that date back to prehistoric times!
The museum boasts an exciting collection of exhibits, with numerous must-see sculptures. Its impressive bronze findings make it one of the most precious collections in the world!
The Museum of Ancient Olympia exhibits includes:
- the world-famous sculpture of Hermes, made by Praxiteles
- the sculpture decoration of the Temple of Zeus – one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world
- the statue of Nike by Paeonios
No one should ever travel to Greece and NOT visit this incredibly important museum. A visit to the Olympia Museum must be on your bucket list of things to do in Greece.
2. Visit the Village
Walk among tourists from all over the world on the main strip in the village of Olympia where you’ll find all kinds of souvenirs to take back home.
Stop by the various jewelry shops and treat yourself to artistic, one-of-a-kind show-stopping pieces.
Take a break and enjoy a coffee or beverage of your choice in one of the many trendy cafes. Or, allow yourself more time to taste the delicacies of Greece in the town’s restaurants.
3. Choose from the Following Tour Destinations
Olympic Land Winery
The Olympic Land Winery vineyards, which produce high-quality wine, is only 2 km from the town of Olympia! Consider a visit to the winery to try the exquisite wine varieties and sample the traditional flavors of the area.
Klio’s Honey Farm
Klio’s Honey Farm is located in the town of Olympia. Klio, the apiarist (beekeeper), welcomes visitors to her farm where she enthusiastically reveals the secrets behind honey production.
Taste Klio’s fresh products – all from her farm, and enjoy her traditional homemade sweets. After a visit to the honey farm, you’ll have tasted Greek hospitality!
Magna Grecia Estate
Visit Magna Grecia Estate, the enchanted land that overflows with olive trees. Visitors have the opportunity to enjoy the taste Greek cuisine, pure virgin olive oil, plump olives, and tasty wine, in a fun environment where local dancers will dance to traditional Greek music with you.
Monastery of the Virgin Mary (Panagia Kremasti)
Suspended from the rock upon which it rises, the stunning Monastery of Panagia Kremasti (Kremasti meaning “hanging”) never fails to impress visitors.
It was named so about 800 years ago, according to the writings, when the locals noticed a light emerging from the hole of the rock. To find its source, they tied and lowered someone into the hole, where an icon of the Virgin Mary was found.
Saint Andreas Beach or Skafidia Beach
Saint Andreas Beach, located 2 km away from Katakolon Port is one of the most beautiful beaches for your summer holidays. The unique beach, with its pristine waters, ideal for swimming, also features a mountainous terrain. Have a refreshing drink or enjoy a delicious meal in one of the waterfront cafes and restaurants.
Alternatively, take a swim in the crystal clear waters of Skafidia Beach. Allow yourself to be seduced by the natural beauty of the small gulf as you soak up the sun, and leave some extra time to have a drink or dine by the water.
What to Expect on Our Tours – Duration
The tour duration is between 4 and 4.5 hours. Our program is flexible if you would like to make some changes. Just let us know, and we will adjust it to your liking!
We can also suggest routes and attractions so that you get the most out of your tour.
The Meeting Point
MINIVAN Tours – The meeting point for the Minivan Tours is at the first exit of the Katakolon Port.
TAXI Tours – The meeting point for Taxi Tours is just outside the dock gate where the taxis are parked.
What is included in the price
- Transportation to all the destinations and sites mentioned in the tour.
- Our company provides tourist brochures to inform you of the sites and places you will visit in Ancient Olympia. **Tourist brochures must be returned.**
- We will transport you from the agreed-upon meeting point and return you to the place you wish.
- The tourist program is flexible and adjustable. We can make changes on the road for your convenience!
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Professional driver.
- Skip the line.
- Bottled water.
- All taxes included.
What is not included in the price
- Tickets to the Ancient Olympia Museum (not included) give you access to the museum, the archaeological site, and the museum of the history of the Olympic Games.
General Admission: 12 Euros
E.U. Seniors: 6 Euros
Ages 0 – 17: FREE
E.U. Students: FREE
Foreign Students: 6 Euros
- Tickets to the wineries
- Admission: Varies according to the services.
** Admission fees are subject to change. You will receive an email confirming the admission fees before your visit.**
- A personal tour guide can be hired for your visit to the museum and the archaeological site for an additional cost.
- Our professional tour guides are certified by the Ministry of Culture.
1. Tour to the Ancient Olympia archaeological site and museum.
2. Visit to the village.
3. Winery Olympic Land- The Honey Farm of Klio – Magna Grecia Estate – Monastery Panagia Kremasti.
4. Saint Andreas Beach OR Skafidia Beach.